Driving Instructor Facebook Page
Whilst some ADI’s are happy using their personal Facebook page it is actually against Facebook’s Terms of Service to use your personal page for your business. Whilst a Facebook page does take a bit of setting up, it will probably be worth it in the long run. A proper facebook business page costs nothing but will look far more professional to most people. You shouldn’t use a Facebook page instead of a website. You need both – they work together but ideally have two slightly different functions. Facebook is best used for networking and getting noticed rather than the hard sell. A website is better for selling your services.
Before setting up your Facebook page for your driving school you will need a personal account with Facebook. You can sign up at Facebook.com. Once you have a personal account you can easily navigate to the section called “Pages” and start your driving school Facebook page setup. Make sure you complete it as fully and accurately as you can. Complete all the details and add a header image – ideally a good quality picture of you and your car, or a picture of one of your happy pupils waving their test pass certificate! Finally make sure you include the link to your website.
- Navigate to your personal Facebook page or set up a Facebook account if you don’t already have one
- Navigate to the section called “pages”
- Complete the details to set up the new page.
- Include some pictures and set up the header image for the Facebook page
- Complete as many details as you can – phone number, website address, short bio of your business, opening hours etc
Once you’ve got your Facebook page you can update it regularly with pictures of your test passes, latest information etc. Ask all your pupils to like your page so that your future posts show up in their facebook feed.